Are you looking for advice on buying a new VoIP phone system for your hotel?
Hotel phone systems used to be much more of a value-added service offered to guests, but this was before the prevalence of mobile phones.
Today, hotel phones play less of a feature in keeping guests connected with friends, family and colleagues whilst on location. But, with the rise of VoIP phone systems and the multiple business benefits of ‘the cloud’, hotels have lots to gain in the guest experience stakes with investing in a VoIP phone system.
In this article, I’ll help you decide more confidently on investing in the right VoIP phone system for your hotel.
Why should you get a VoIP phone system for a Hotel?
Flexibility and operational connectivity are key benefits to buying a PBX VoIP phone system for your hotel.
Improved customer satisfaction, better return on marketing investment and consistent growth in direct bookings are all benefits enjoyed by hoteliers that use VoIP within their business.
Hotels that use POTS (or plain old telephones services), in other words – physical copperwire phone networks, pay more for calls and maintenance, plus miss out on many modern management features commonly offered by cloud-based VoIP packages.
Smarter call handling, customer-friendly greetings and guest relations add-ons all result in a better guest (and enquirer) experience and increased booking revenue.
Top 7 features of a hotel VoIP phone system
1. Wake up calls: guests attending important events or appointments never have to worry about waking up late with automated wake up calls to their room phone.
2. Register check-in/out: front-of-office can now easily register guest check-in and check-out directly using your VoIP phone, without logging into separate ERP software.
3. Call routing: separate out supplier calls from guest calls with smart routing rules using advanced call management.
4. Agent mobility: using wireless headsets like the Jabra Evolve 75, your call agents can walk and talk without losing call quality.
5. Call recording: monitor staff success with taking bookings over the phone and tailor telesales training programmes based on real example calls stored in the call database.
6. CRM integration: keep guest profiles at your fingertips whilst receiving their calls with VoIP integration for maximum sales and customer service agility.
7. Conferencing calls: business guests can take/make conferencing calls on premises with ease and optimal call quality, earning you add-on revenue.
Tip: Quality cloud-based providers like RingCentral, for example, provide flexible user-friendly solutions with lots of beginner level on-boarding help to get you started. Simply sign-up and plug in – that’s all there is to it. Plus, their pricing is very affordable.
Advantages of a VoIP phone system for a hotel
Personalised marketing approach via systems integration: the best VoIP providers offer full integration with leading marketing softwares and applications, like HubSpot CRM for example. This linking up of your phone to CRM enables a seamless guest marketing experience and keeps you several steps ahead on revenue retention, cross-sell/up-sell and repeat booking strategy. If done well, this approach can significantly increase sales for your hotel.
Improve staff productivity with technical enablement: features like advanced call routing engage caller interaction to direct both guests and business callers to relevant staff members only. Busy lamp field (BLF), for example, assists staff with a visual display on the base unit, indicating which internal staff extensions are free to transfer calls to. These features plus many more, amount to smart checks and balances that help staff do what they do best, with minimal administrative overhead.
Get a VoIP phone system quote
1. Simply, click the button below and complete our web form.
2. Arrange a 3-minute phone appointment with a sales rep to discuss your business phone system requirement.
3. Receive a detailed price quote which is valid for 30 days. Phone engineers currently have a lead time of 1 week to install systems.
Why choose Selmore…?
Our main VoIP partner has over 20 years industry experience in delivering premium business phone solutions across the UK.
They have the most innovative VoIP phones and base stations on the market.
And offer great pricing on calls due to their bargaining power as leaders in their field.